05 May, 2014

My language

I used to write in swedish but it feels untrue to me now. I don't experience my life in swedish anymore. It's hard to re learn to express myself in the same form in a different language. I feel like I'm missing nuances, loosing flow,  searching too long for the right word. I was never really bothered by being grammatically correct in swedish. It was about the artistic expression and I rather create language than following old rules. But to be able to bend the rules gracefully you need to know them well. In English I'm not quite there. Maybe not at all.
When it comes down to it though, I rather write in my most honest language to get a more sincere connection to whomever might be interested in reading. If it's broken words at least it's my broken words. They tell more of a story than any correctness could.

So if you read this blog, I apologize for butchering this language.

1 comment:

cKAja said...

it was a good content. thanks