29 November, 2009

Sunday

It's getting dark so early...I feel like I'm losing my days...even if it's not less time, the mentality changes.  I feel like a night owl at 6pm already. 

First of Advent today. A tradition in Sweden to cuddle up and eat Ginger snaps, sweet saffron buns and drink glögg (Christmas spiced hot wine drink) or julmust (carbonated soda...think Christmas spiced pepsi or coke...not really but can't describe it better), every Sunday until Christmas. Light one candle for every Sunday and when the fourth is lit you know it's Christmas =)

However I'm not gonna be able to do that today, haven't been to Ikea yet =P Me and a Swedish friend is going on Dec 1st!  
Instead I'm gonna go to a friends house today for a little (unrelated) get together =) Everybody is bringing a little something, to eat or drink. Since our house is still somehat unorganized food wise since the move I had to improvise. I made a quinoa salad with tomatoes, avocado and garlic. Spiced with sea salt, basil, black pepper, a little bit of olive oil and squeezed a few drops of lime over. Turned out pretty tasty (if I may say so myself) but I should've done more I realized too late. But if everybody brings a little it should be fine!

Sitting on the train now on my way. I hope I can post this before we're going under ground, if not I guess I have to post this tonight, maybe a day off =P  

No comments: