31 July, 2008

Dancing dancing dancing

Phew... Dancing like mad.
My throat starting to feel a bit sore though...I don't want to get sick!!! Don't have time. Bombing myself with vitamin C, heard it should help.

It's so lovely to dance! To move to sweat to work hard to make your body do these beautiful empowering movements, to have fun to be determined, to be focused... to verbalize the music as my teacher said, to express!

I'm rediscovering some insights, like how important it is to be confident. First of all it makes it look better, helps you to go into the next movement naturally. Second of all, who wants to see apologizing dance? Insecure small movements just looks awful... To take it fully out no matter how wrong you are makes it look better, feel better and the only way to finally push through to the next level.

It's hard to get back into dancing after an injury. My body has forgotten things that my brain knows too well, it makes me mad and frustrated at myself, which doesn't help me in any way. But it also gives me an opportunity to break old bad habits, to start over and begin to work even more technical. And to give myself some credit: it's only been going forward, I am getting better and better even if I'm far from satisfied and don't like what I see.
Think I've came to that point where I really have to remind myself that it's not only about being determined but also to have fun with it, be creative and put my own expression into the technical work I'm doing.

Aaaah it's so nice, the more I dance, the more energy I get, the more I want to dance! =) *HAPPY*

The hard part is only in the mornings when my body is tired from the 4 classes the day before...blach. But once there in class it feels so right, so fun and yeah still hard, but hard work and that feels good =)

Ok now I'm off to the last class for today!! (Where I'm probably gonna regret being so cheerful about it ha ha ha gonna be so tired)

No comments: