22 August, 2009

About my blogging again

I have got my lap top back! Finally!! Now I have no excuse to not write, and that feels really good actually!

I want to write more about politics but... Right now the debate here in the US seems to be mostly about the health care system. It's an extremely important question but it's not really a serious debate about it. For those already involved in politics I'm sure there's forum for debates but through mass media is just silly and petty remarks without any relevancy what so ever. I don't want to be a part of that. There are no actual arguments I could contradict, or agree with.
Most politics are handled that way here in the US.
It becomes a circus where insults and shit-talk can take over and be main focus.
The presidential election was very much the same.
Head lines become more important than what the actual articles say. TV news talks down to people.
I should maybe be the one to actively search for forums but it's exhausting and tiring to fight your way through all the bullshit to get to the core so I often give up halfway. I become one of those ignorant people that the TV news has to talk down to in order for me to understand. It annoys me but makes me turn my focus other directions.
I want to use my art to influence politically. My way of expressing my opinions and spread already existing ones. To express values and ask questions.

And my art is very personal. So I'm going to let this blog be very personal without the need of being art, that way I can let my art be very artsy without the need of being too personal ha ha or something like that... ;)

But speaking of art, I'm definatly going to start posting about one post a day at Flyktsoda! If I can't come up with new stuff there's always old stuff I could post so shouldn't be a problem! :)

3 comments:

Andreas said...

"I should maybe be the one to actively search for forums but it's exhausting and tiring to fight your way through all the bullshit to get to the core so I often give up halfway."

Well, there are some excellent political forums available online, some more dedicated to the health care issues than others, but all dedicated to an informed political debate from a Democratic outlook. These are some of the best interactive forums online that I know of (and I'm sure there are others as well): Open Left,
Daily Kos
and
MyDD
.

Another really good forum, that is somewhat less interactive but is an excellent source of news and information is:
TPM
(including
TPMDC
.

Start by visiting and navigating these sites and you'll get tons of useful info, an inside view of progressive political debate and also lots of links to other good websites and forum.

Cheers!

Sofia said...

Checking them out right now!

Andreas said...

Good! :-)

BTW,
this
is a good piece from CQ on the various claims in the health care debate so far.