01 August, 2009

Beach

Almost unwillingly I pick up the phone to write. I'm at the beach and electronics maybe should be banned ;) but at the same time it's awfully nice to lie on a beach after a swim, eat berries and write. Well the swimming isn't as much swimming as it is getting drenched: put one foot in the water and next second you're being pulled by a wave.
It's still very nice but the lifeguards keep on bringing everyone out of the water every now and then because they think the waves get too high.
I appreciate that they're concerned for our safety but the waves here doesn't seem to differ much from what i've experienced at other beaches.
Maybe the lifeguards are better here? Maybe they have less resources here? Or maybe the rip tides are bad here?
I'm at Long Beach.
Decided to try it out, take the train here. I have been here once before, last year, it wasn't as crowded here then. Next time I think I'll go to a beach where I can swim but now I'm going to enjoy this one, which I still truly do =)


No comments: