20 September, 2008

When I was little I was a smart girl. I realized things before I learned them. I realized things that I later experienced were true.
But I feel like the older I get...the more stupid I get. Things I was so sure of when I was a kid, I now re-realize...after I've already made a mistake. Well it's life, you gotta live it too, not only know it. But still. I was hoping wisdom would come with age, but in my case it's mostly cynicism I've gained...
A friend recently said something that might be very true though...that cynicism gets dangerous first when you start to call it realism...
Well I hope I haven't fallen that far yet ;)
I don't know why I feel like I'm getting more and more stupid. I guess it might have to do with what's appreciated as knowledge in society. I'm not studying anything theoretical per say any more. Some anatomy and dance related things only. But a teacher told us today that research shows that the best thing you can do for your brain is...yes: dancing. Because it combines the physical movement of the body and the intellectual thinking.

No comments: