27 September, 2009

Rainy thoughts

It's raining today.
Not a great weather for taking a long walk in. At least not when you have a cold.
I want to go out and have breakfast with a friend but calling someone at 8am on a Sunday morning maybe isn't all that nice...

I guess instead I'll have to do some boring stuff, which is so much harder to motivate myself for when I'm feeling sick. Like filling out some forms for Sweden or doing laundry. Blach, boring.

At least I woke up to a nice slightly remade livingroom with the new rocking chair and new tables.

Once again, sweet materialism.
When they say. "money can't buy happiness", it's a lie. Because it sure can, indirectly. It buys health as well. The only thing true about that statement is that it's not guaranteed. The saying should be "money doesn't guarantee happiness, it just helps a long way."

Why oh why did I choose a career as a dancer? My millions are waiting for me to come and get them. I want to be filthy rich. Well, to be serious for a while my reasoning has been like this: If I had all the money in the world, what would I choose to do? I would do what I'm doing now. So why work at another job, earning money to spend on what I'm already doing that I couldn't do if I had another job? In that sense it's not money that's bringing me the happiness. Other things than money bring happiness too. =)
It's just that if I had another career instead I would probably travel more, eat out more, go shopping more, live in a bigger apartment...but even if I want that too, what's that in itself compared to the feeling I feel when I dance? Nothing, for real.
To choose to dance is also a choice to stay active, to work out, it's an investment in health. Priceless...

No comments: