09 July, 2009

At night I own myself

The good thing about not being able to sleep at night is that I rediscover so many old things I like to do. All those small hobbies there's no time for during the day, because then I need to pay attention to the forever growing to do list. Not even in the "city that never sleeps" can all that be done during the night.

This is something I miss by Sweden. The boredom. The restlessness. The silence when the day ends early and everybody can, without the need of an excuse, curl up in solitude with their books or hobbies. All the stores are closed. All customer service business hours are over.
I could have it like that here too. But there's too many things I want to do! And so many things I need to do.

At night though, I own myself.
My thoughts have room to echo.
My brain can clearer hear my hearts whispers that are drenched and suffocated by the days brightness.

Even though it's mixed with anxiety for how I'll manage the next day, it's such a relief to have my quiet nights.

No comments: