16 July, 2009

My day today

Don't think I told you what happened to my foot.
Weeks ago I walked past a painting which had recently been put up. I had been thinking that "that was not a good place to hang a painting, it's gonna fall". I hate that I'm always right! Of course it did not just fall when I walked past it, it also landed on my foot. With the sharp corner, of course.
It went down something like the first 2 minutes of this video...



I saw a bruise quickly growing on my foot and I was icing it.
For over two days the foot kept on swelling. The foot was not only like a purple, almost black, balloon, it was also so sore I had trouble walking normally and even sleeping at night because of the pain.
I X-rayed it but no fracture thankfully.
It's over a month ago now but I still have a sore bump on it. Looks fine now though.
Just that...you know...I'm a dancer! I need my foot intact!
Since it's been hurting for so long my body has started to compensate in the weight bearing so I'm tensing my foot when I'm walking and using it the wrong way. Yeah point is that it hurts still when I try to dance, and it's so weak.
But it's getting better and better.

Today I took the ballet bar, felt fine just until the end. My reward was a nice brunch in the sunny park and then I took a long nice dance class warm-up. Hung out with a friend for a while, met up with another friend and caught up some. Really nice =) After that I was so tired I just went home showered and fell asleep. Since I didn't sleep any last night. So now I'm awake again...stupid hours but hey I'll get through the days my way...even if it's not the best way ;)

2 comments:

Simple Expressions said...

Yeah baby, park was nice!

Sofia said...

Yes, more of that soon, hopefully! Like every day next week? :)