15 July, 2009

Changes

I've made some changes if you haven't already noticed!

I have divided my blog into two different ones.
My main one, now renamed to Present Words, is now to be found at this address: http://presentwords.blogspot.com/

The new one, with the old name Flyktsoda, will be found at the old address: http://sofiasflyktsoda.blogspot.com/

Confusing? I'm sorry, but it's for a reason, or actually a few:
First of all, since I've decided to try to write mostly in English it made more sense to have a name and address in English, so I can share it more easily.
The few times I decide to write in Swedish is actually mostly when I'm trying to create some poetry, and for that I feel like the name Flyktsoda still have a lot of value to me. So I wanted to keep Flyktsoda and keep that a true creative writing blog. Flyktsoda means "escape soda", taken from the title of a Swedish song by Ebba Grön. Writing used to be an escape I could drink lots and lots of =) Now when I'm not living in a Swedish speaking country it gets harder and harder but it's something I definitely don't want to give up! (Whenever I post at Flyktsoda I will let you know at Present Words.)

Also the title Present Words have many meanings to it. It has to do with a Dance company I wish to start up. I will not jinx it by telling too much about it until it's starting to actually happen, but I promise I will keep you updated! =)
Of course the new name also has a lot to do with the nature of blogging, the presented words are written in the present time, but unlike dancing words are very permanent. In blogging however, it's very much about updating and the interest for reading old blog posts is very small. A poem or a book can still be good after 100 years and more, or even more appreciated even. A blog post is considered old only after a day or two.
So therefor this change will hopefully make me feel more structured and make it easier to update more often =)
I hope you will enjoy reading it !

No comments: